Professional Warehouse Layout & Design - Maple Grove, MN
At AK Material Handling Systems technology is our partner. Our dedication to the utilization of the most current CAD software has given us a certain edge over the competition. We excel in planning the most efficient and effective warehouse rack and industrial systems avaiable to date, assisted by 3-D conceptual and installation drawings to training and superior installation supervision.
Budgeting a warehouse move.
Whether it is needed for allowances or build outs, we can get it done fast.
$140,000 New Product Including Installation
$ 110,000 Used Products Including Installation
Less Trade In Credit on Used Rack = $ 25,000
240 Bays of Rack
6 Pallets High = 2,880 Pallet Positions
Top 10 reasons why we are needed during warehouse moves and expansions.
1. We can help you determine how much space you need before you start looking.
2. We can provide unbiased opinions on your storage rack and forklifts options working with multiple manufacturers.
3. We provide detailed building CAD drawings offering multiple layout and design options.
4. We can offer high density rack options that can reduce your square footage requirements saving you greatly.
5. With close to a Million dollars of new & used pallet rack products in stock, we can rack your warehouse property in days if needed.
6. We can offer our recommendations on your real estate options.
7. We know typical building code requirements.
8. Think up!- Modular Offices, work platforms
9. Trade-in- We can work with you on your existing equipment.
10. We know rack!- Cantilever, structural, pushback, pallet flow, selective and we help you determine which style is right for your operations.
The Warehouse Design "Where To Start? " Key
• Objective of Storage Area? Order filling______ long term storage_____ combination and percentage_____
• Types of product being stored, i.e.. Pallets / Cases / Finished Goods / Parts loose or in bins_______________
• Size, shape and weight of SKU's. cases, master cases, pallets (W x D x H)_______________________________
• Number of SKU's____________range of units stored per SKU____________________________________ see attached additional list______
• Is there a CAD drawing available_________ Paper drawing__________ Accurate obstacles noted__________
Examples would be overhead obstructions, ie. ventilation, column size and spacing.
• Size of area that will act as the warehouse. (Width____ x Depth_____x Clear ceiling height_____)
• Activity areas in relation to warehouse area.
Loading Docks _________________
Production or packaging area and traffic flow________________
Unloading / Staging area needed________________
• Type of lift that will be used ie. standard counterbalanced lift truck, Order Picker (man-up) style, Reach truck for narrow aisles, Swing mast truck for very narrow aisles, etc.
• What is the long range plan for growth?__________________________________
*** If you need help figuring out some of these questions click here or call 800-722-5908 to speak with a warehouse design specialist.
Are you ready to start designing your warehouse but do not know where to begin?
"Where to Begin?" Warehouse Design Key
AK Material Handling Systems has the professionals to layout and design your warehouse or storage area to meet your specific needs.
Popular Warehouse Design Blog Posts:
AK Helps Medical Device Company Relocate to Minnesota
Recently a medical device company that was located in Houston, Texas decided to relocate their operations to Bloomington, Minnesota. This company contacted AK Senior Design Specialist Jerry Fredrickson to help them with this process by supplying several material handling products for their new warehouse. Read the full story here >>>