As a complete material handling outfitter, we are very aware of the current competitive market going on within the new and used pallet rack sector of the industry. So in an effort to help out future pallet rack buyers, our pallet rack design experts came up with a Top 10 list of the most common mistakes people make when they purchase new or used pallet racks.
- Not seeking professional advice with warehouse layout and design
- Purchasing the cheapest rack system believing that all pallet rack is the same
- Buying racking that is not universal for future expansion and growth
- Wrong height racking for the forklift and wrong depth for your pallet size
- Guesstimating weight and capacities
- Buying from a non-stocking distributor
- Buying a rack from an auction website where you are not getting exactly what you need
- Not considering freight when comparing quotes
- Paying too much for freight
- Believing that a used rack system is just as good as a new system
For more information and helpful tips on ordering pallet racks, visit our selective pallet rack systems page. Our pallet rack page offers a rack diagram that explains how to correctly order the right size pallet rack. Also if you would like to speak directly to a pallet rack expert call us at 800-722-5908.
Next up…NEW PALLET RACK vs. USED PALLET RACK