1. All cities and states have different building codes when it comes to warehouse pallet rack and storage equipment. So we recommend getting in touch with your city office and learn about your local codes and regulations about warehouse storage and pallet racking before you start looking.
2. When creating a warehouse layout design always think about future expansion.
3. Be Prepared, Know the following: your max forklift lift height? The overall dimensions of your pallets, your max pallet weight? ceiling clearance and lead time.
4. Many manufacturer warranties such as ESP Excel Storage Products do not cover resold or transferred products: ex:”All Products manufactured by Excel Storage Products that are still the property of the original Buyer”
5. Not all teardrop pallet racking is compatible.
6. Here is a list of all the RMI Rack Manufacturers Institute Certified Pallet Rack manufacturers:
Advanced Storage Products, Bulldog Rack, Elite Storage Solutions, Engineered Products, Equipment Boni, Excel Storage Products, Frazier Industrial, Hannibal Industries, Interlake Mecalux Inc, Necochea, Nedcon USA Inc., Ridg-U-Rak Inc, Spacerak – Division of Heartland Steel Products, Speedrack Products Group, Steel King Industries, Twinlode Corporation, Unarco Material Handling, and Wireway Husky Corporation.
7. Pallet Rack Capacities have many variables such as beam spacing and frame column size so make sure to know the manufacture specs before rating your rack capacity.
8. Take caution at auctions: not all warehouse racking comes with original safety clips and replacements may not be available. Research the brand and style of racking so that you know you can find replacement parts if needed.
9. Many foreign-made pallet rack products are sold in the used market.
10. If purchasing USED know that rack manufacturers Paltier and Prest (Webb style) are no longer manufacturing pallet racking.
** To learn more about new or used warehouse pallet racking contact us @ 800-722-5908.
Helpful Web pages: In Stock Pallet Rack | Pallet Rack Systems