Have you planned ahead for some of the downtime around the holidays? Right now is a great time to break out the calendar and dedicate a day as your Warehouse Safety Day.
Here are some suggestions we have for your Warehouse Safety Day:
– Do a Warehouse walk-through: Take a good long hard walk through your warehouse, examine all of your storage systems and verify that there are no damaged pieces or parts. Check every beam of your pallet rack verifying that all of the safety clips are still properly installed and make sure that the frame’s anchors are still correctly installed. Damaged or broken safety clips can be easily fixed with a common drop pin safety clip. Also, check all of your pallet rack wire mesh decking for any damaged pieces.
– Schedule time for forklift operator training & or reevaluation: According to OSHA 1910.178(l)(4)(iii) An evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator’s performance shall be conducted at least once every three years. for more info visit www.osha.gov
– Schedule A preventive maintenance service call on all industrial doors, docks, and dock equipment. Fall is a great time to schedule preventative maintenance because you want your docks and doors working 100% correctly before the cold harsh winters.
– Check all of your safety and security cabinets and verify they are all still working properly and up to code.
– Check and restock all of your safety product inventory: safety glasses, gloves, earplugs, back braces, safety tape, ext.
– Create and apply capacity labels for your pallet racking. Pallet Rack capacities can be provided by your local distributor or manufacturer.
Feel free to contact us at 800-722-5908 if you have any questions or if you would like some more tips or ideas for your scheduled Warehouse Safety Day.