With the busy season fast approaching for many businesses, now is the time to focus on warehouse safety. Warehouse pallet rack shelving is built tough and meant to hold serious amounts of weight although it is also subject to a lot of rough treatment and forklift damage. Damaged pallet racking can become unsafe and dangerous if not taken care of in the proper manner. So today we ask you to take a moment and walk through your warehouse to look for damaged pallet rack.
If you happen to find damaged racking ask yourself these five questions:
1. Are there major dents or buckling to the upright frame column?
2. Are there bends and/or broken welds to the side support frame channels?
3. Is there any damage to the beam to upright connection?
4. Is the upright column twisted?
5. Is the upright column and the base floor plate unattached?
If you answered YES to any of these questions please Call Us Today 800-722-5908 or Contact Us and we will make your warehouse safe again.
Stay tuned for next month’s safety feature: Pallet Rack Repair Kits.
Posted by: Storage and Layout Specialist Pete Brandon
Looking for replacement pallet rack products? We stock both new and used racking.