Forklift loading the drive-in pallet rack system:
In this video the forklift driver enters into the pallet rack system with a couple of empty pallets looking to maximize space. The forklift driver stores the pallets on the second pallet depth position of the system allowing pallets to still be stored in front of them. The driver lifts the product to the proper height prior to entering the system and then gently rests the product into place when at the correct location.
Forklift un-loading the drive-in pallet rack system:
In the video the forklift driver raises the forks to the proper height before entering the rack system and then enters the rack system. Once at the correct depth to lift up the pallets the forklift then lifts the pallets and then backs out of the system.
Drive-in pallet storage rack systems frequently offer the most dense storage solution available to any given warehouse. Drive-in systems are able to achieve maximum storage density by eliminating the aisles necessary for other systems. Of course, with reduced aisles comes reduced selectivity, making drive-in rack ideal for warehouses with a low number of SKU’s and an inventory that’s not time-sensitive. Steel King’s drive-in systems are strong and durable, constructed with high-strength steel. Some of Steel King Drive-In Rack Systems’ attributes are highlighted below:
- Flared load rails allow for easier bay access
- Durable design withstands daily abuse from forklifts and other equipment
- Rail stops prevent load from being pushed off racking. This has the double benefit of creating a safer warehouse environment and preventing potential product damage.
- Load rails are made with structural steel, further adding to the rack’s strength and long-term durability.
- Space-saver low profile arms increase clearance and decrease possible product damage.
- Grade 5 Hardware