” Top 10 violations for which OSHA assessed the highest penalties in the 2008 Fiscal Year…”
taken from: MHEDA EDGE June 2009 Issue
1. Fall protection, construction (29 CFR 1926.501)
2. Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR1926.451)
3. Electrical, hazardous (classified) locations (29 CFR 1910.307)
4. Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry (29 CFR
5. Excavations, requirements for protective systems, construction (29 CFR
6. Machines, general requirements, general industry (29 CFR 1910.212)
7. General duty clause (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act)
8. Powered industrial trucks, general industry (29 CFR 1910.178)
9. Walking-working surfaces, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.22)
10. Process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals (29 CFR 1910.119)
After reading the full article titled “Standards of Safety” (which can be found on the link below) I wanted to take the time to share some important information on Pallet Rack safety netting and the importance of it in your warehouse and for fall protection. Although general safety netting is a very important product to utilize though out your warehouse, today I would like to focus specifically on Pallet Rack safety netting.
The number one benefit of pallet rack safety netting is the protection and confidence it provides for everyone in your warehouse. It gives the confidence to your employees, clients, and visitors when they walk through your warehouse knowing that they are safe from any falling product. Along with providing safety it also protects your products from falling and creating unwanted clean ups around your facility. Pallet rack safety netting is a product that we continue to highly recommend for many of our clients for many reasons going beyond safety. Our safety netting can be ordered cut to fit or it can be ordered in rolls to keep on hand in your facility. Another great benefit of this netting is that it can be used as a product divider as well.
Even in times of hardship and small budgets rack safety netting is not a corner we recommend cutting especially after seeing the list provided above.
For More information on safety netting visit our industrial systems page or call us at 800-722-5908.
(Article “Standards of Safety” Mheda Edge June 2009)